Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Eye of the Tiger

Sen. Clinton made an amusingly odd comparison today. Speaking in Philadelphia, she said that ending her campaign now would be as if "Rocky Balboa had gotten halfway up those art museum steps and said, 'Well, I guess that's about far enough.'" She also added, "Let me tell you something, when it comes to finishing a fight, Rocky and I have a lot in common. I never quit. I never give up. And neither do the American people."

Oddly enough, the first thing that came to my mind was the toy company Jakks made an action figure of "the meat" that Rocky punches in the film. Just because. The second thing I thought of was this excerpt from Stephen Colbert's monologue at the 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner-
"I mean, it's like the movie 'Rocky.' All right. The president in this case is Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed is -- everything else in the world. It's the tenth round. He's bloodied. His corner man, Mick, who in this case I guess would be the vice president, he's yelling, 'Cut me, Dick, cut me!,' and every time he falls everyone says, 'Stay down! Stay down!' Does he stay down? No. Like Rocky, he gets back up, and in the end he -- actually, he loses in the first movie.

OK. Doesn't matter. The point is it is the heart-warming story of a man who was repeatedly punched in the face."

Yea, I really don't know why I thought of that at all.

[PS- I have also just been informed by the liberal media that Sen. Obama doesn't know how to bowl, and is therefore disqualified from the race. Damn.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home