Monday, October 08, 2007

Green Cities / Fair and Balanced Climate Analysis

I'd be posting this even if isn't wasn't 85° at 11pm in early October, but it makes it timelier.

Reader's Digest has an environmental article which, among other cities, looks at the world's 'greenest' cities... meaning not most amount of trees, but implementation of sound environmental living (see pg. 4 in the piece). No U.S. city shows up on their list until #15, and that is my hometown of New York. I am sure there are small towns somewhere with lower carbon footprints, but I guess they were focusing on metropolises.

An interesting overview. Take the quiz on the side too!

Fox News, meanwhile, looks on the bright side of climate change... the melting of the Artic is making long-buried oil more accessible! I'd remind Fox that our obsession with oil is a big part of why we're in this mess, but I don't want to be compared to Nazis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home