Tuesday, November 07, 2006

National Throw The Bums Out Day

Go vote.

To entertain you afterward, enjoy this Daily Show cartoon explaining midterm elections-



Of course, everyone agrees this year is different. This time it matters... or so we hope.

Find out where to vote in your area!

UPDATE: Well, I voted... polling place was empty (the guy at the main desk was asleep), but it is early here on the east coast. The usual elderly poll workers were all there; it's somewhat nice to be signed in by people old enough to have voted for FDR- the first time around. And given all the horrors we have seen thus far from the electronic voting machines, it was also refreshing to use the old clunky metal machines with the big lever. God bless my beat up old district! I don't think I need to tell you which candidates I voted for (though in the Senate race I voted for the Libertarian candidate as a preemptive protest vote against Hillary's '08 ambitions, not that it matters). I hope that some of my friends who live in less-safe districts will get out today and throw these elephant bums out. Stop reading this; just go vote.

[AP: GOP control of Congress is on the line]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home