Sunday, February 24, 2008

No End In Sight

I apologize in advance for harshing your buzz on this Oscar Sunday-- here's hoping Jon Stewart roasts these idiots again-- but this is related. I rented 'No End In Sight' this week, which is nominated for Best Documentary. All of this year's nominees are political films, which is understandable given the climate right now. I expect it to win the Oscar, though I suppose 'Sicko' shouldn't be discounted as the more mainstream choice.

I've seen some good documentaries about the Iraq war-- 2005's 'Why We Fight', 2007's 'Buying the War' by Bill Moyers-- but this film is the definitive account of the occupation of Iraq, and what a disaster it has been. It's not a polemic... just a straight-forward documentary, featuring direct interviews with administration officials and others involved in the occupation. Even if it does not win tonight, I highly recommend it. It's on DVD now.

Here is the trailer-



And here is a clip from the beginning of the film, a history lesson of how we got here-



Here is another clip on the origin of the insurgency, and an interview w/ Col. Paul Hughes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home