Friday, August 10, 2007

Rudy Guiliani: American Hero

We now begin the next installment of the hit series 'Rudy Guiliani: National Security Expert and Counterterrorism Hero', the man who escaped from reality the burning wreckage of the World Trade Center to chase down terrorists around the globe.

My former mayor said the other day that, in response to criticisms from families of 9/11 victims, "I was there working with [rescue workers]. I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm one of them." And if that wasn't chutzpah enough, Guiliani also said, "I was at Ground Zero as often, if not more, than most of the workers."

And if you can possibly believe it, some people have been critical of these remarks!

Rudy Guiliani's now attempting to clarify his remarks. He stated today that "I think I could have said it better. You know, what I was saying was, 'I'm there with you.'... What I was trying to say yesterday is that I empathize with them, because I feel like I have that same risk." Which is, of course, not at all what he actually said.

In a helpful coincidence, Rudy's latest 9/11 masturbation theatre comes on the heels of a great Village Voice article entitled: 'Rudy Giuliani's Five Big Lies About 9/11'. It's long, but worth reading, and worth passing on to as many people as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home