Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekend Video Theatre: Gay Pride Edition

This weekend is Pride Weekend. It's basically a slightly gayer version of St. Patrick's Day, with rainbow flags instead of shamrocks. I myself will be marching down Fifth Avenue in some sort of parade. I hope my BFF Bloomberg will be there!

Anyway, this video is from a 1999 episode of Michael Moore's old show, "The Awful Truth" (which is on DVD, yet "TV Nation" isn't?). In it, Moore fills up a bus fulla gay people and visits all the states that still had anti-sodomy laws on the book. And along the way, he bumps into our old friend, Pastor Fred Phelps. Enjoy!



[PS- There's a clip in there of Sen. Trent Lott speaking about gays on a political talk show called "The Right Side with Armstrong Williams". Yes, that Armstrong Williams.]

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger *DB* said...

I was in Chicago last night and all the shops along the parade route were stuffed with gay themed merchandise. I laughed so hard at a shirt that said "Gay for the Day!" in rainbow letters...

I'm a lurker, and have been, since seeing your blog during Kilroy's last carnival. Would you care to do another carnival entry? I'm hosting this time.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger BlueDuck said...

Thanks, I sent you an email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home