Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Student Scholars to Bush: 'Respect Human Rights!'...

...Bush to student scholars: 'Oh, you think I care? Aren't you adorable?'

The story-
President Bush was presented with a letter Monday signed by 50 high school seniors in the Presidential Scholars program urging a halt to "violations of the human rights" of terror suspects held by the United States...

..."The president enjoyed a visit with the students, accepted the letter and upon reading it let the student know that the United States does not torture and that we value human rights," deputy press secretary Dana Perino said.

The students had been invited to the East Room to hear the president speak about his effort to win congressional reauthorization of his education law known as No Child Left Behind....

"[T]he United States does not torture"??! Congrats, kids, you just got your first lesson in spin.

I'm sure you can look forward to hearing from your commencement speaker, Torboto-

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Do you have the impression that ol' W knows what human rights are? Or, would that be whatever the puppet master tells him?

I have a serious political rant post brewing. Not sure how much longer I can hold it back. May have to stop by for a bit of research on this point and that.

While I'm at it I'll drop a comment in here and there. Joining in with friends will surely make the experiment more interesting.

Have you been by to visit me of late? Sorry I've not contacted you sooner; we're having a Friends of Kilroy Carnival! I hope you'll join in. 8-)

Cheers!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger BlueDuck said...

Don't hold back!!!

PS- I emailed the carnival hostess with some submissions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home