Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It's The Real Economy, Stupid!

Been out of it for the past few days, so I have a backlog of things I wanted to write about. One thing I wanted to post was this Tom Toles cartoon from Monday, which perfectly summarizes the odd curiousity that is the economic debate in this country (characterized by a huge divide between the fancy things 'smart' people say and the reality most people actually live with). I'm no brilliant economist or pundit myself, but I think the point Toles is making is a pretty simple one. But hey, what the hell do I know?



I'm sure it'll trickle down eventually, I don't think Reagan would've lied about that...

[Some related reading for you unamerican fools who care about this sort of thing:
-NY Times: From Shanghai, Tremors Heard Around the World
-Think Progress: The state of the economy is…sluggish]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home