Wednesday, August 23, 2006

9/11 Report: The Comic Book

Did you want to read the 9/11 Commission report, but found it too stuffy?

Well, good news!

The 9/11 Commission Report is now available in... graphic novel form!

Using every skill and storytelling method [Sid] Jacobson and [Ernie] Colón have learned over the decades, they have produced the most accessible version of the 9/11 Report. Jacobson’s text frequently follows word for word the original report, faithfully captures its investigative thoroughness, and covers its entire scope, even including the Commission’s final report card. Colón’s stunning artwork powerfully conveys the facts, insights, and urgency of the original. Published on the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the United States, an event that has left no aspect of American foreign or domestic policy untouched, The 9/11 Report puts at every American’s fingertips the most defining event of the century.

Preview: here. A sample scene-


"Oh no, musta been pilot error! Time to finish reading My Pet Goat! Fart."

The reviews are in!

Conservative: "This comic purposely buried the truth about Able Danger!"

Far-right Weirdo: "Needs more Islamofacism fight scenes! This comic reminds us of why liberals hate America!!11"

Liberal: "Wait... what? Can we please have a reasoned discussion about this?"

Far-left Weirdo: "Bullshit! This comic clearly covered up U.S. complicity in the 9/11 attack. Here, take this pamphlet."

Seriously, though, I am buying this, if only to see how they illustrated the look on the face of Condoleeza Rice when they forced her to discuss the 'Bin Laden Determined To Attack' memo. I never did read the official Report and this looks like an accessible substitute. And taking an incredibly important and complex report and making it available in comic form for the average citizen to read? It's quintessentially American.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

I must put this on my BUY ASAP list! In fact, it may have to be an Oh! You Don't Know...The Shape We're In!! Christmas.

Wondering if you have anything planned for the September 11th anniversary. I have a couple items you may want to have a look at.

Also, if you can, would you please update my link. Lost my blogspot in what appears to be an inescapable Blogger Archive Hell!!

I am posting new and transitioning over what I had to...

Fear And Loathing - The Gonzo Papers

I'll look forward to hear from you. Looking forward to you answering some questions for me. And maybe, give me your ABC's.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger BlueDuck said...

Busy day at work... promise to stop by your blog later, though! :)

I have nothing planned for the 9/11 anniversary... reminding those we lost, vomiting in my throat thinking how Bush/the GOP will use all those dead people as a way to prop up their failed policies as a last-ditch effort to save their hold on Congress.

Real fun stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home