Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Case For/Against Obama

Anonymous Liberal makes the case for Obama. Lambert makes a (lengthy) case against him.

I have avoided using this blog for candidate advocacy (it's just not that kind of blog), but I think my regular readers have picked up that I've been supporting Sen. Obama in the primary, after a brief flirtation with Bill Richardson (who lacks the enthusiasm of his impressive resume). His record is that of a solid progressive, and he showed sound judgment and foresight in the run-up to war. Moreover, despite being more overall liberal than Sen. Clinton, he is much less polarizing... the best his opponents have been able to throw at him is the debunked 'madrassa' smear, and the fact that he did drugs when he was in his youth (oh noes!1). He has a diplomatic air about him that not only will be useful at home, but also be greater at repairing U.S. credibility abroad. Is he perfect? No, of course not, he's a politician. But of the primary options, I believe that he represents the best hope (pardon the cliche) for America's immediate future. I am open to changing my mind before the Feb. 5th NY primary if something major changes, of course.

Consider this a general open thread to make the case for your preferred candidate(s).

[PS- If he were to be nominated, my choices for the VP nod? Chris Dodd or John Edwards.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home