Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Decider Holds A Press Conference

The President gave a press conference today and it stands out not for any substantive information gleamed from it... but as a snapshot of what a infantile, petulant frat-boy we have to call our President.

Via Salon, here's some excerpts (video- here). First up-
Reporter: Do you think there's a risk of a recession? How do you rate that?

Bush: You know, you need to talk to economists. I think I got a B in Econ 101. I got an A, however, in keeping taxes low and being fiscally responsible with the people's money....

Translation: 'Don't ask me, I'm just the President!' Also, maybe someone should tell him his tax cuts have been part of the problem. And Bush, fiscally responsible? Brain hurt now.

(On a related note... the U.S. dollar? It's basically in the fucking toilet right now.)

Next-
Reporter: Sir, Israeli opposition leader Netanyahu has now spoken openly about Israel's bombing raid on a target in Syria earlier in the month. I wonder if you could tell us what the target was, whether you supported this bombing raid? And what do you think it does to change the dynamic in an already hot region, in terms of Syria and Iran and the dispute with Israel, and whether the U.S. could be drawn into any of this?

Bush: I'm not going to comment on the matter. Would you like another question?

Reporter: Did you support it?

Bush: I'm not going to comment on the matter.

Either, a) his knowledge of this is limited, or b) he wants to avoid giving the 'wrong' answer.

And here's the real gem-
Reporter: Mr. President, for Republicans seeking election next year are you an asset or a liability?

Bush: Strong asset.

Reporter: Can I follow?

Bush: No. I knew I made a mistake calling on you in the first place.

Hahahahaha! What a delightful asshole charmer he is! And a real asset to the GOP!

And since he was already getting nasty-
Reporter: Mr. President, back to your grade point average on holding the line on taxes.

Bush: I thought you were going to talk about the actual grade point average. I remind people that, like, when I'm with Condi, I say she's the Ph.D. and I'm the C student and just look at who's the president and who's the adviser. But go ahead...

I'm not Secretary Rice's #1 fan, but ouch, George, that's pretty fucking cold.

Finally, a real softball substantive question about our Iraq policy-
Reporter: What is your reaction to the MoveOn.org ad that mocked Gen. Petraeus as "General Betray-Us," and said that he cooked the books on Iraq? And secondly, would you like to see Democrats, including presidential candidates, repudiate that ad?

Bush: I thought that the ad was disgusting. I felt like the ad was an attack, not only on Gen. Petraeus, but on the U.S. military. And I was disappointed that not more leaders in the Democrat Party spoke out strongly against that kind of ad...

Wow, I didn't know they let Jeff Gannon back in the White House press corps! Good stuff!

He concludes, "Thank you for your time." No, thank you, George. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home