Sunday, June 04, 2006

Random Ramblings

Back from a long weekend of working and trying to stay awake doing so. Too tired to do any in-depth blogging, though I imagine that will change when President Bush (again) uses the month in which Gay Pride Week falls to play the latest election year round of bash the gays. Yes, with record low approval ratings, reports of massacres in Iraq, and Republicans threatening to stay home on election day, El Presidente is all prepared to announce tomorrow that he will cave into the political blackmail of right-wing religious thugs by throwing them a constitutional gay marriage ban bone he knows will never pass and that everyone knows that he doesn't really give a shit about anyway. Isn't he such a strong leader?

He can't catch Osama, can't stand up to James Dobson, can't be bothered with pesky exit strategies, can't be bothered to veto things, can't be bothered to follow the laws he took an oath to protect, etc. I know I may be repeating myself here, but this all blows my mind. The President- no matter what his political goals for doing so are- is asking for discrimination to be written into the U.S. Constitution. Why it's almost enough to me make more cynical...

I remain hopeful that the majority of Americans do see through this all.

Anyway, before I sleep and get my energy back, I have posted some entries below stating things I agree with on a number of important issues- the President's continued use of fear to keep the American people in control, the Haditha fallout, and the political mood of the country. For your reading pleasure, of course.

So how's by you, everyone?

[PS- My friend Armando sent me the following article... a troubling and important problem:
-The Independent (UK): Public health and religion: Aids, America, abstinence...]

[PPS- This was the title of an actual AP report: 'Prospective Democratic chairs all liberal'. This tells you so much about the media. This was on the main page of Yahoo News the other day. It was actually considered newsworthy that if the Democrats gain control of Congress, many Committee chairs would be.... liberal. OMGZ! Kudos to the AP for getting to the bottom of this intriquing matter. This article illustrates two things- one, the extremely odd way the media covers Democrats; and two, how strongly the word 'liberal' has been branded as a negative word. As shameful as it is predictable. If the situation were reversed- and Democrats were in danger of losing congressional control to Republicans- can anyone picture an AP article entitled 'Prospective Republican chairs all conservative'? I can't.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home