Thursday, February 09, 2006

I Have The Right To Post This!

In light of yesterday's revelations by Reuters that "The Danish newspaper that first published caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad infuriating Muslims worldwide previously turned down cartoons of Jesus as too offensive", I have decided to fill in that blank. I have created some images of Jesus (using the themes of the Mohammed cartoons) based on the same original intent the Danish newspapers had when they commissioned the Mohammed pieces...
The modern, secular society is rejected by some [CHRISTIANS]. They demand a special position, insisting on special consideration of their own religious feelings. It is incompatible with contemporary democracy and freedom of speech, where you must be ready to put up with insults, mockery and ridicule. It is certainly not always attractive and nice to look at, and it does not mean that religious feelings should be made fun of at any price, but that is of minor importance in the present context.

And so I have invited myself to draw Jesus as I see him-












Here is another I did not create, but I really like- Link.

And hey, remember, I'm not trying to be offensive here, I'm just making a statement about intolerance (and maybe being intolerant in the act). If my work should happen to cause violence and rioting among the group I am commenting on here, that only means that I am more right, and should continue to post these images in greater visibility. And if you Christians don't like it... well you can go suck on a crucifix. After all, I have the democratic high ground here, and I'm just smug enough to let everyone know it, no matter the price.

[Related editorial- Muslim Cartoons: That's Enough, All of You!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home