Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Can You Say Conspiracy?

As the Plame leak story comes back into the spotlight (with a date set for the Libby trial and confirmation that, yes, Ms. Plame was covert) John Dickerson, former White House correspondent for Time magazine, has a two-part article in Slate explaining his role/knowledge in the story. In light of new revelations, he lays out a timeline of the battle between the White House and CIA, how this leads to the smearing of Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame, and just how broad the White House effort to lead reporters to the Plame identity was. If this scandal has been one you're following, this is a must read.

Where's My Subpoena?
Valerie Plame, Scooter Libby, and me.
(Pt. I)

Where's My Subpoena?
Valerie Plame, Scooter Libby, and me.
(Pt. II)

[Or for a summary of the key points, check out Firedoglake.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home