Saturday, October 29, 2005

Two corrections.

I should sleep before blogging.

1- I messed up the Maher video link. You can view the video here:
Indicted?

2- I stated in my Libby indictment entry that Fitzgerald 'confirmed that Valerie Plame WAS an undercover CIA operative at the time of her identity's leak'. This was my bad. I misheard what he said. He actually stated in the press conference, "I will confirm that her association with the CIA was classified at that time through July 2003. And all I'll say is that, look, we have not made any allegation that Mr. Libby knowingly, intentionally outed a covert agent". So he says that he has no evidence that a) Libby specifically aimed to out her or b) that she was officially covert at the time. Plame's status with the CIA was though, as he said, classified. So Libby's not out of the waters completely, but there is no proof he outed her in a criminal way, according to the wording of the law. Yes, I know, it's all very complicated and mind-numbing.

My apologies for my errors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home