Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Honor and Integrity.

History lesson. Let's look at the President's words, starting now and going back...

You'll notice a backwards progression in standards here from 2001 to 2005:
(bold added by me)

"'If someone committed a crime, they will no longer be in my administration."
-President George W. Bush (July 18, 2005)

Are perjury and obstruction crimes? They are? Okay.

"If there's a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. If the person has violated law, that person will be taken care of. I welcome the investigation. I am absolutely confident the Justice Department will do a good job. I want to know the truth."
-President George W. Bush (Feb. 11, 2004)

So do I, Mr. President.

“First, we must always maintain the highest ethical standards. We must always ask ourselves not only what is legal, but what is right. There is no goal of government worth accomplishing if it cannot be accomplished with integrity.”
-President George W. Bush (October 15, 2001)

Mr. President, I hope you'll still feel this way when the indictments are handed down.

Think Progress has video of the 2001 quote:
BUSH VIDEO: “We Must Always Ask Ourselves Not Only What Is Legal, But What Is Right”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home